Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

spinach and nut pesto quiche

Hello again,




When I found myself left with a whole bunch of parsley and not in the mood to make a tabouleh salad, I decided to work it in a batch of nut pesto. I often make something like this, but never quite the same thing. basically, I toast some nuts or seeds, grab a bunch of green leafy herbs and put it all in the processor with some olive oil, shallot or garlic and seasoning. Its great to have in the fridge as it can be used to top a salad, on toast, in a sandwich and on pasta of course. 

Here, I worked it into a quiche, with sauteed spinach. I usually keep some uncooked pie shells in the freezer, so this made for a really quick, light meal. 







Pre-bake the crust with pie weights or perforated with a fork. Sauté the spinach with salt, pepper and olive oil in a large pot, finish with a finely diced onion. To prep the wet ingredients, whisk some eggs, add freshly grated parmesan, yogurt, mustard and nut pesto. season with salt and pepper. Fill the prepped pie-shell with the spinach mixture and pour in as much egg mixture as you can fit. Bake for +/- 30 minutes or until the quiche has set and  no runny egg can be detected. 

How do you like your nut pesto?

Liza xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment